Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, blackened spatchcock chicken on the braai. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Blackened Spatchcock Chicken - a mouthwatering, super easy chicken dish that is infused with Creole seasoning and roasted to perfection. Blackened Spatchcock Chicken - a mouthwatering, super easy chicken dish that is infused with Creole seasoning and roasted to perfection. Perfect for regular days or holidays!
Blackened spatchcock chicken on the braai is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Blackened spatchcock chicken on the braai is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook blackened spatchcock chicken on the braai using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Blackened spatchcock chicken on the braai:
- Take 1 extra large chicken (spatchcocked)
- Make ready 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- Prepare 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- Prepare 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Get 1 teaspoon ground cardamom pods
- Make ready 1 tablespoon pul Buber chilli flakes
- Prepare 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Make ready Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Get Juice of half a lemon
- Get 2 garlic cloves crushed
- Prepare 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- Prepare Salt and pepper
Blackened Spatchcock Chicken - a mouthwatering, super easy chicken dish that is infused with creole seasoning and roasted to perfection. It says for a dynamite, down-home meal, serve this crispy chicken with biscuits, steamed veggies and a spoonful of barbecue sauce on the side. Next, cut along the left side of the backbone, just as you did on the right side. Freeze this removed backbone piece for future chicken.
Instructions to make Blackened spatchcock chicken on the braai:
- Combine the dry ingredients in a pestle and mortar and grind to a fine paste. Add the crushed garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice and olive oil to make a paste
- To spatchcock the chicken cut down either side of the back bone. Once the spine has been removed turn over and press down of the breast to flatten. Cover with the paste and allow to marinade
Spatchcocked chicken—also known as butterflied chicken—is a whole chicken that has been split by removing the backbone, and then flattened out. Flip the chicken over so that it is skin-side up, and press down hard on the breastbone to flatten the chicken out. Remember: the goal is to make the. Spatchcock chicken is not only an amusing phrase, it also is the easiest and BEST way to roast a whole chicken. Here I've seasoned the bird with a dry rub similar to Cajun blackening seasoning.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food blackened spatchcock chicken on the braai recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!